Saturday, October 25, 2008

How could this happen?

OK, So by chance I happened to be picking up Pumpkins, Apples, Cookies and other such things - along with a great cuppa Mulled Apple Cider from Chapin Orchard in Vermont a few days back. What did I see by the register? Well, it was fudge from Snowflake Chocolates in Vermont. They had two, Maple and Chocolate - though their sign said Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Kinda reminds me of the last purchase I made in Ferrisburg.

From Dishing on Desserts


So - I was a bit disappointed. Yeah, the fudge, which they call 'Awesome Fudge' wasn't... well awesome. It was kinda waxy tasting and, I have to say, tasted more of the cling wrap it was in than it did of the ingredients I expected it to taste like. I'll admit, I'm not a huge Fudge lover, but enough that I bought it and wanted to taste it. Admittedly the Maple fudge did eventually leave the taste of Maple in my mouth - which is a great thing, but it wasn't one of the first things I tasted. Honestly, it was a bit waxy. Same goes for the Chocolate. It hit at almost the same time with the flavor, but it wasn't the first, second or third taste I had. Now, I will admit I didn't eat these immediately. However, I would expect that most of us don't expect we have to eat something that isn't refrigerated and is well wrapped.

I've had many chocolates from Snowflake before and I just have to think that perhaps these were an off batch, the batch of cling wrap was especially fragrant, or maybe this isn't the real deal. Dunno. Just disappointed and really believing that I don't want to eat the rest of what I thought would be a treasured treat. They, however, will live out the rest of their days in the garbage can - leaving me guilty and unfulfilled.

It left me looking for other things to eat. So I stumbled across this. Pumpkin Mac 'N Cheese. Interesting? Yes. Tasty? Perhaps it will be...

No comments: